Meet our New Senior Pastor
Reverend Dr. Spencer L. Lundgaard
On Sunday, November 26, 2017, the congregation of the Village Presbyterian Church of Northbrook voted to elect the Candidate presented by the Pastor Nominating Committee(PNC) to be the next Senior Pastor.
Thank you from Spencer...
November 30, 2017
Dear Village Presbyterian Church,
We are overwhelmed with gratitude and joy as we reflect upon the past weekend with you in Northbrook. On behalf of my family, thank you for the warm reception and confirmation of what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives.
As I think about the coming months, I can’t wait to start. I am excited about coming alongside you to embody and share the Good News of Jesus Christ with people in the neighborhood, at work, and on the soccer and ice rinks of Northbrook. As I said to the committee, I want to help lead you to discover the joyful missional life in Christ and help you fulfill your vocational call as disciples in the greater Chicago area and around the world. We are now in the process of saying goodbye to the wonderful people associated with A Christian Ministry in the National Parks and covet your prayers.
When Missy and I reflect upon why God asked us to come to The Village Church, we identified several points of connection:
- Our observation of your love for one another and desire to embody and engage the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Your love of the scriptures and desire to be transformed by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God.
- Your great history of 125 years that keeps you anchored in the historic Christian faith and instills confidence to embrace new ways of engaging the world in the 21st century with a missional life in Christ.
- Your desire to let God’s Spirit provide you courage through prayer.
- Your desire to help people come into an encounter with our living God through worshiping in spirit and truth.
- Your wonderful staff who are joyfully and faithfully serving the Lord and the people of Northbrook. They are to be commended to bringing you to this place of new beginnings.
Finally, your care for Missy and I along with our family give us an idea how the transition will go next spring as we embrace this unique opportunity. Let’s do this and I’ll see you March 12, 2018.
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21.
Rev. Dr. Spencer L. Lundgaard